Collection: African Waistbeads
All African Waistbeads are threaded in Kumasi, Ghana.
Waistbeads are a necessity of understanding oneself. Our beads are used to your desire. They may be used for traditional use, weight tracking (body fluctuation), guidance, gifts, & more. Please use with care.
All Beads are on cotton thread, they are not removable (unless rolled off).
Each Waistbead strand are approximately 46 inches long.
To adjust to one's size:
1) Wrap waistbead around waist or where you would love them to lay
2) Hold both ends of your waistbead
3) On one end, remove excess beads
4) Tie a tight knot when you have found best placement on your body
5) Cut & burn excess thread off the end of your waistbead
Waist Bead Tutorial Video Available on Instagram @SankofaAfricanArts